Mindfulness in the Workplace
work-related stress: THE FACTS
Last year alone, UK businesses lost over £36 billion due to absences in the workforce:
- The total number of cases of stress in 2011/12 was 428,000 (40%) out of a total of 1,073,000 for all work-related illnesses (LFS)
- In 2007/2008 13.5 million working days were lost due to 'stress, depression and anxiety' (HSE)
- An average of 28.5 days were taken off for each case (HSE).
- Up to 5 million people in the UK are 'very' or 'extremely' stressed through work (HSE)
- Up to 500,000 people in the UK have work related stress often resulting in illness (HSE)
- 'Stress, depression and anxiety' are the second most commonly reported work related illnesses (HSE)
The benefits of mindfulness in managing pain, stress and illness – enhancing concentration, happiness and supporting greater productivity – have been researched for over three decades in a wide range of studies. Mindfulness is also proved to be effective in occupational health and safety management. Mindfulness interventions help employees:
- reduce work related stress and the impact it has on health
- self-manage any health condition(s) they may have
- return to work after periods of sickness
- transition back into activity, creativity and productivity.
- stay at work with greater resilience and better self awareness
conscious city can help
Conscious City offers a range of mindfulness interventions to support employee wellbeing, including:
- General taster sessions
- Wellbeing workshops
- Longer bespoke mindfulness courses
- Individual stress-reduction coaching
- Individual pain/illness management coaching
Fill in the form below or call Ben on 07968 381783 to discuss how Conscious City can help.